With the economic liberalization and globalization, women entrepreneurs are increasingly taking a unique part in society and the economy also. There are many challenges and hurdles faced by these entrepreneurs while seeking after their business to sell women made products. This article provides complete details regarding this program.
Table Of Content
- Key points
- What is saheli program
- How to join it?
- Amazon saheli stores/items
- Are there any partners for this program?
- Its restricting elements
- Steaming a male defense
Key Points Of This Program
- Amazon launched its special store for women entrepreneurs in November 2017. Today, women make and sell everything from diaries and notebooks to incense sticks, bread canisters, and men’s clothing to sarees on the amazon saheli program. These items come from 13 partner NGOs around India that reach 80,000 women craftsmen across every part of the country.
- Amazon saheli program has been set up in partnership with the pioneering social association, Self Employed Women Association (SEWA), and Impulse Social Enterprise among others.
- The storefront offers the women entrepreneurs and craftsmen who work with these associations access to the Amazon India marketplace, as well as the calculated infrastructure of the e-commerce behemoth empowering women entrepreneurs.
To handhold women, craftsmen, and associations through this entirely new experience, beginning preparation studios are conducted on the best way to manage their businesses online by sell handmade products. What’s more, a dedicated record manager is assigned to the new ‘Sahelis’, to help them launch their enterprises.
What Is Saheli Program For Women Entrepreneurs?
- The online retail organization Amazon launched a new program “Amazon Saheli” in November 2017 which is aimed at empowering and enabling Indian women entrepreneurs to sell their items the nation over. The advancement of entrepreneurship among women has become the key motive of the program.
- For this program, Amazon India has collaborated with associations that work towards the help and upliftment of women’s entrepreneurship. The women entrepreneurs who are associated with this program can sell their items to Amazon through this store.
- Amazon India has assembled Community Centers near its Fulfillment Centers around the country. Generally, on the edges of metros empowering women entrepreneurs, these centers are stages for anyone from the community to come together, learn fundamental abilities like computers, sewing, access the Internet and other computerized education helps like LCD screens, DVD players, and e-content.
- Women of the community often frequent Amazon Community Centers and that has opened numerous entryways for them.
How To Join Amazon Saheli Program/Amazon Saheli Registration?
Focusing on Indian women entrepreneurship, one needs to be a women entrepreneur or needs to have a women trader working for herself and be qualified for Saheli benefits for joining this program.
Moreover, one needs to have every one of the base requirements fulfilled that are mandatory to sell on Amazon, organization or proprietorship details, ledger, Training at Amazon Saheli for Women EntrepreneursGST, etc.
Assuming every one of the requirements is fulfilled, you can send your application to the Amazon Saheli Program. On the off chance that the circumstances are satisfied, you will get an invite to participate in the program. Amazon provides online and disconnected phases of preparation regarding how to manage your online selling thoroughly free of cost. An account manager has been appointed who dedicatedly helps women to get started in their underlying long periods of selling.
What Is the Amazon Saheli Store And What Are Amazon Saheli Items?
Keeping at the top of the priority list the challenges faced by the Indian women entrepreneurs to sell handmade products, Amazon has come up with a dedicated store named, “the Saheli Store” on Amazon.
It is a dedicated storefront on Amazon, which facilitates Indian women to market their talent, show and sell their entrepreneurs’ items to a large number of buyers the nation over.
Currently, few items like handicrafts, apparel, home stylistic theme items, handbags are included in the Saheli store however bit by bit, Amazon expects to increase the categories of items.
Amazon Saheli Benefits
There are a number of benefits that a lady can profit from by women made products associated with the Saheli Program.
1) The foremost benefit is that assuming you are a Saheli member, you get a separate section to sell your items. Amazon is India’s biggest online market place and one gets unparalleled reach to a large number of Amazon customers empowering women entrepreneurs. The organization opens up its huge market to these entrepreneurs. They have a huge customer base to contact.
2) The store will help them to access the coordinated operations and fulfillment facilities too.
3) The organization is giving free online and disconnected preparation to its Saheli members concerning how to make item portfolios online and execute online selling processes.
4) You can likewise receive a reduced referral fee to 12% for one year in the event that your category referral fee is more than 12%.
So this is how to make money on amazon.
Are There Any Partners For This Program?
The Saheli program has been rolled out in partnership with non-government social service entities-Self-Employed Women Enterprise (SEWA) and Impulse Social Enterprise. Amazon will hope to tap women associated with the two NGOs and encourage potential women sellers. It is likewise open to more partnerships with women-focused agencies to give an expansion to the scope.
Features Of Saheli Program
The benefits that an ‘amazon saheli program’ reaps from the partnership are horde. Aside from their items being highlighted in a separate storefront, item photograph shoots and inventorying services come as a feature of send-off assistance provided to every partner associated with the Saheli program.
The program additionally provides tools and reports to help them save time and bandwidth on dealing with their online businesses and spotlight more on creativity and item development.
To promote women’s entrepreneurship, numerous huge business houses come in front to help those diligent women empowering women entrepreneurs.
In this league, large retail organization Amazon has come up with the ‘Saheli Program’. Under this program, Amazon India creates a Saheli store that comprises items fabricated locally by Indian women. What is Amazon Saheli Program? How might you join the Amazon Saheli Women Entrepreneurs program? What are the benefits of the Amazon Saheli Program? What are the restricting variables in Amazon selling?
What Are The Restricting Elements In Amazon Selling?
Here are a few limits of the Amazon Saheli program.
1) The base requirements needed to become a part of this program are very high and elongated. It is exceptionally difficult for a nearby craftsman who isn’t associated with its partner association to be a beneficiary of this program to sell women made products. A locally working Indian lady isn’t that literate to understand the hefty process of online selling. How might one consider registering herself on online selling websites when she could barely speak or understand English?
2) There are a few fees and charges involved in Amazon selling which makes the items dearer while reaching the customer.
3) It is very hard to keep up with and manage an arrangement of online selling items. Superior quality photography and numerous other technical focuses are involved in it which makes it a very cumbersome undertaking for a person to consider online selling.
4) The customers have reported that the Amazon seller services are not sufficient. The seller support associates don’t listen for quite a long time and don’t escalate the issue to the internal team.
5) There have been repeated grumblings regarding on-time delivery default in the Amazon items. The delivery isn’t on time, especially in rustic areas.
6) The base order fee for free home delivery has been raised to Rs. 500 while other websites are doing it for lesser than that.
Steaming A Male Defense
An equal open door initiative launched in early 2016 helps to change the lives of women in our community empowering women entrepreneurs; creating unique employment opportunities for themselves and enabling them to become achievers by their own doing. When more women are joining the workforce and creating a niche for themselves, Amazon India’s just women delivery centers stand out as brilliant illustrations of changing lives and supporting achievers. As a component of the equal open door initiative launched in 2016, Thiruvananthapuram and Chennai played host to delivery centers managed and run exclusively by women. This is how to make money on amazon.
A workday appears to be not unique for the women monitoring these centers, be it arranging packages to zooming off on bikes to deliver them inside a 2-3 km range. With the trademark delivery packs close behind, the women delivery associates have arrived and how.
E-Commerce and especially the e-marketplace model is a great chance for women entrepreneurs. The Saheli program is definitely an encouraging step towards its advancement of it.
It has a wide scope to thrive as some locally-working women are searching for the consolidated stage to promote their women made products businesses. Gopal Pillai, director, and general manager for seller services at Amazon India speaks very positively with regards to the program and expects to contact 20,000 women entrepreneurs over the next few months.
Comment your queries below
Thank you! Visit again